Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Two steps back...

Well, yesterday was a $50 bust. Other than the numerous mistakes I made in my play, I did make one huge bankroll management error. I play a lot of rebuy tournaments because usually the prize pool is very large in comparison to the initial investment
of buying into it. I played in a $5 rebuy tournament, which would be easily bankroll appropriate for a bankroll of $400, however, I did rebuy one time and add on one time for a total of $15 - 12.5% of the bankroll. Chris Ferguson says you shouldn't buy into a multitable tournament for more than 3% of your bankroll. I try to do what Chris Ferguson says, generally...

I wasn't playing badly yesterday, but at the end of the day I was tilting somewhat due to an extremely annoying, min betting bigstack guy. He bluffed me once and gave me a big pot, but the next time, he caught me semibluffing a big draw, and then the time after that, he caught me betting his monster for him. Hook, line, and sinker...

I would like to learn his line and execute his technique in the same way he did sometime. It was actually pretty cool. Very annoying, though.

Today is a new day.

No comments:

Post a Comment