Saturday, December 12, 2009

Back to basics

Decided to practice tournament fundamentals today by playing some single table sit and gos. One table games are very good for practicing the basics because you usually end up playing short-handed
, and I definitely need practice at that. You just don't get that experience much playing multi-table tournaments. Also, controlling the size of the pot, allowing attrition take it's place, patience and discipline all are tested.

Not to brag, but I was able to personally eliminate 7 of my 8 opponents, just doing what I was told to in the book I read last week. Except for calling that all-in bet from pocket sevens with A3 offsuit and catching aces up on the river. My bad...

So I took the table down for $22.50 and a profit of $17. Bankroll now stands at $344.66.

Girl is starting to finally make good on MY money too. As I type she's heads up in a 45 player $1 tournament, and she took first place in a single table tourney last night for $7. She's my little meal ticket...

Now, we're off to TGI Friday's for a belated steak and lobster birthday dinner for girl. It's on sale. I'm a cheap bastard.

(edit) Well, girl took second place for $11 something. Guess that makes her the first loser...

No comments:

Post a Comment