Saturday, December 12, 2009

Contemplation

Took about an hour and a half this morning thinking about what happened yesterday. I took some bad beats, yes, but all day it seemed like I was playing on auto-pilot. I was pushing the call button within split seconds
all day. Poured over some cash game histories finding that I was playing pretty loose, too.

Down $72 to $327.66. A slightly abnormal downswing. Had one of these the other day, but happily went deep in a large tournament to recoup. Not today. Also took shots at a couple of bankroll inappropriate tournaments, which is what got me down to $15 in the first place.

At one point I convinced myself to play more suited connectors and one-gappers in an attempt to practice post-flop play, but just ended up playing these hands out of position and in less than optimal situations. My brain was working, and I was forcing it to work too hard, I guess.

Today, back to the slightly tight-super aggressive style that I read in a book was best.

No comments:

Post a Comment