Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Today was a good day

I'm trying to practice my endgame and short handed play lately, so I've been playing a lot of $5 single table sit and gos, and pretty much breaking even. Single table tournaments are nice because they
last an hour and a half at most, but the biggest return you can get on your money is $16.50, so I don't necessarily want to specialize in them.

To break up the monotony of playing the same short game over and over, I decided to play the same thing, but with 844 players instead. It was a $5 knockout tournament that pays $1 for every player you elimnate, and by the time we hit the money, I had about six big blinds and I was just glad that I had made my money back from bounties. An hour later, I'm on the final table with a mediumish stack, pocket kings in the small blind, facing an early position raise from the chip leader. I'm salivating....

What I should have done was just make it a stop and go play, call his raise, and if I see no ace, shove it on the flop. That would have put me somewhere around uh..... THIRD PLACE with 7 people left in the tournament. Instead, I decided to shove all my chips in before the flop, allowing my opponent the advantage of being able to see all 5 board cards. Yeah, his AJ offsuit made him a straight on the river. This is why I fail.

Still, bounties equaling $6 and a cash of $106 isn't bad for 3 hours work. Bankroll = $417.56.

Until tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. No poker tomorrow...its yard work and dishes for you! Then errands in the afternoon. Oh, get your crap off the dinner table so it can be used for its intended purpose and not simply for your little poker escapades! Tight ass...

    ReplyDelete