Thursday, April 22, 2010

Dude, I SUCK!!!

So I took my third EVER first place finish last night in a $2, 580 player tournament for $290, and the day before took 3rd in a $5 rebuy for another $205. Two day net = +$477. If it weren't for my good friends over at 2+2 constantly reminding me how much of a moron I am,
I might actually get the idea that I was getting good at this poker thing. Thank God for them keeping me in line.

Truth be told, I have absolutely no idea how it happened. I just got so FREAKIN' LUCKY! I didn't lose one hand where someone else was all in against me until I got to the final table. That final table is so pretty on Full Tilt. All those cartoon audience members behind the table... The few times I've actually seen the final table, I swear I could actually hear them cheering for me.

My roll is up to $700 now, and I'm thinking maybe it's time to bump up to actually playing some $5 games on a regular basis. I'M SO SCARED!!! I'm just thinking that the players that play for those stakes have to be so much better than me, I'll probably lose my whole roll in a week. Better than me... wouldn't be much of a stretch, really.

Exciting news! I three bet for the first time yesterday in that tournament! I actually did it THREE TIMES! It felt good, but when I did it, my heart was in my throat. I thought it was going to explode! I really wish I hadn't shoved all in, I mean, I think if I would have bet less with AA, the dude would've called me.

Anyway, I hope I keep getting lucky. If I ever get up to $1000, I was planning on cashing out $500 of it and playing some $15/$30 limit at the Bellagio.


3 comments:

  1. Yeah, yeah, yeah...I know...you are the greatest poker player alive, right? So your bankroll is up over $700...did you even bother to pick up that lousy gallon of milk I asked you to get? NO! I'm not buying in to this so called "bankroll" until I actually see it in cold hard cash! Now sign back in to Full Tilt and give me my half, damn it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feckin' Christ woman! As if I didn't get enough flak from anonymous forum posters. I have to continue to get it from you?

    ReplyDelete