Sunday, December 6, 2009

I'm Back!!!

Just a brief segment of joy before the next inevitable string of disappointment.

I took first from a field of 1003 it a $1 NLHE tournament on full tilt for a cash of $225.67. At least now I have something to lose. That's a good thing right? Having something to lose?


Bankroll now stands at $257.96.

At the point we had 21 players left, I had the largest stack in the game. As soon as I made that chipstack, tournament tables were broken down and recombined. The next thing I know, the next biggest stack in the game is seated directly to my right, he in the small blind and I'm the big blind. I see the beautiful KK. Now, I'm just waiting for someone to put in a raise here, so I can hopefully eliminate a player and increase my stack further. But the strangest thing happens. The second largest stack, in the small blind, directly to my right shoves for about 125K less than I have.

Here I am in this spot again. Is he trying to steal? Does he have a hand? If I just fold here, I can just move on, still with the biggest stack. But of course, I convince myself that I have to call. The little bastard has AQ of spades. The flop comes AQJ. I HAVE  to catch a 10 here to win, but I don't. And I'm left feeling quite foolish, yet again.

When we finally get 4 handed, the blinds are 8000/16000 with 2000 antes, and I'm thinking I am just going to have to settle for the $80 some odd that 4th place pays. And at this point I'd be happy with that, being a loser and all. With a little over seven big blinds left, I just start donk betting ridiculously with any two cards until I built my stack back up to 160K. The four of us battled for about a half an hour until I got heads up with this obviously inexperienced player, and I assumed I could probably just run over him if I were to get lucky enough to meet him heads up. And I did. I had him in about 4 minutes.

Maybe I should consider more of a maniac style for my tournament play. Probably wouldn't make much difference in the long run.

1 comment:

  1. You would have taken that down a lot sooner had you not called that stupid big bet! I told you to watch out for that big stack next to you! Will you ever listen to me instead of that fricken ego?? Anyway, now that you took it down and your backroll is back over $250, transfer some money to me damn it! Like most women, I WANT HALF...OR MORE! I expect to see some duckets in my account your you are in the doghouse mister! Consider it a belated birthday present to me...yo fovorite bitch! Now go win me some more money.

    ReplyDelete