Tuesday, December 8, 2009

EPIC FAIL!!!

Registered late for a $5 tournament with a $2500 guaranteed prize pool. I remember planning on playing this particular tournament yesterday, but then forgot, then remembered again.

So I get in and the first hand I see is AK of spades.
I'm in early position. I raise 5x the big blind to 100 (our starting chipstacks were 3000, so raising any less than that just seems not worth it), and get called by the player 3 seats to my left. Everyone else folds. The flop is a little scary 9KQ, so I overbet the pot a little with 300 and get called. The turn now is another K, giving me three kings with the best kicker. I don't really want to continue with this hand and would rather settle for the smallish pot and move on, so I shove, just to take it down here.

I get called by AJ, and the river is the 10 giving my opponent, who has no pair, and only an inside straight draw to save him the NUTS!!!

But did I puke? No, I didn't puke. Wanted to.... but I didn't. I cursed instead. So I go out on the first hand I see. When this happens, to make myself feel better, I tell myself that it's better to go out early than to play for three and a half hours just to go out on the bubble. It never works.

Someone wise said to someone who wasn't something that wasn't really wise, but just common sense:
The unwise said to the wise, "I keep getting sucked out on". And the wise replied, "That's because you always play the best hands".

Played for some quarters after I took a walk and calmed down. Brought the bankroll back up to $328.33

1 comment:

  1. And I'm still waiting for my half! I cook for you, do your laundry, I even do that little thing you like and still this is how you treat me?? Every time you lose its payback for your tightass treatment of me! Go out there and win more money cause I want something REALLY DAMN NICE FOR CHRISTMAS! Can you hear me now???

    ReplyDelete